Booshala (Yogurt Soup)
3 Cups Plain Yogurt
6 Cups Water
1 Tablespoon Flour
1/2 Cup Short-Grain Rice
2 Cups Chopped Spinach
2 Cups Chopped Parsley
2 Cups Chopped Cilantro
1/2 Cup Chopped Celery Hearts
1/2 Cup Chopped Swiss Chard
1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
1. Beat yogurt with water in bowl until smooth.
2. In a blender beat egg with flour and 1 cup yogurt mixture. Return to yogurt mixture.
3. Wash rice and stir into yogurt mixture with spinach, parsley, cilantro, celery, Swiss chard and green onions.
4. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is done.
5. Season to taste with salt. Serve warm or cold with pita or cracker bread..
Hint: If soup becomes too thick, dilute with hot water.