1 Lbs Whole Wheat
1 Whole Chicken Cooked, De-boned and Shredded
6-8 Quarts of Water
1. Wash and soak wheat in water overnight.
2. Cover chicken with water, cook over medium heat for 1/2 hour. Cool. Skin and de-bone chicken.
3. Place soaked wheat in a 10-quart pot. Add water to fill 2/3 of pot. Cover and cook over medium heat for 3/4 hour. Stir occasionally. Add boiled water as needed. Add de-boned chicken and broth to the wheat. Add enough boiled water to fill 2/3 of pot. Cover.
4. Place in preheated oven at 250°. Bake for 3-4 hours stirring and beating occasionally with a wooden spoon.
5. Hareesa is ready when chicken and wheat are blended together and have the consistency of oatmeal.
6. Remove from oven. Use electric hand mixer and beat for about 15 minutes.
7. Salt Hareesa when serving. Serve with hot melted butter and ground roasted coriander seeds if desired.