Mooraba Teena (Fig Jam)
2 Bowls of Figs
1 Bowl of Sugar
Note: Use the same bowl size for measuring figs and sugar
1. Using a non-stick pot, add sugar with 1-1/2 cups water and cook on medium heat.
2. Add lemon slices and cook for approximately 2 hours. Cover the pot so the sugar turns reddish.
Hint: Take a small amount of the sugar mixture and put it in a coffee saucer. Draw a line in the middle of the saucer with your finger. If the mixture has the consistency of honey, it is done.
3. Wash figs and trip steams
4. Poke each fig once with a fork and set aside.
5. Once the sugar mixture is ready, add figs and cover and let it cook for another 2 hours.
6. Pour Mooraba Teena in glass jars and refrigerate.