Shirwa D’ Bameh (Okra Stew)
1 Bag Okra
1 pack of beef stew (rinse in cold water before use)
1 Large Tomato Sauce
1 Large Tomato Paste
1 Large Onion
2 Cloves garlic
Salt ( add desired amount)
Pepper ( 2 tablespoon)
Paprika ( 1 tablespoon)
1 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice or 4 freshly squeezed lemons
5-10 Cups Boiled Hot Water
1. Heat a medium size or large pot on medium heat and add about 3-4 tablespoons olive oil.
2. Chop onion and garlic and add into pot, mix well until a golden color.
3. Add beef stew and stir,
4. Add salt, pepper, and paprika, mix well
5. Add lemon juice and mix, let cook for about 5-10 min on medium heat
6. Add the tomato paste first, and mix well.
7. Add 3 cups boiled hot water into the pot and stir all ingredients on medium heat. and boil for 15 min. ( add more hot water if needed)
8. Add in the tomato sauce, stir.
9. Add the Okra in and stir pot.
10. Let the stew boil on medium high heat for about 10-15 minutes
11. Reduce heat to low-medium
12. Cover pot half way
13. Let cook for about 45 min and stir occasionally.